Need an easy and light salad recipe?! My homemade Caesar is just that!
In this video, I explain how to make this simple, light version of a Caesar Salad that you will love! Here is what you need to do:
- Prepare and wash your romaine – I like to use the leaves instead of the hearts. (Use the hearts if you like more of a CRUNCH!)
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the lettuce and gently toss.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top (not too much so it overpowers, just enough for that fresh taste which will bring everything together in the end).
- Add your parmesan cheese (or even pecorino romano) and toss together.
- Here is the KICKER – add some anchovies (I know…). But hear me out, they add the perfect amount of saltiness. You can either chop them up or place them on salad whole.
- Toss it all together one last time and feel free to add more cheese because WHY NOT?!
You can also add seasonings to the mix like salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, or even Italian seasoning. And to make it a full meal, mix it up with different proteins! This salad would pair well with chicken breast, salmon, or even shrimp. It really is the perfect light salad that can be a meal or the perfect side dish!
Let me know if you would give this a try and feel free to share what your favorite salad recipes are.